“My father” as Seen by Others

“My father” as Seen by Others
“My father” is a martyr
He gave his life for Burma
People still remember him
They regard him as ‘king”.
Kodaw Hmaing called him “king”
He took his disciple as kith and kin
He compared him to great kings of Burma
He mourned deeply when he was murdered.
U Nu called him “a great leader”
Courageous, decisive and selfless than others
Other people praised him further
Many called him “Pha Khin Bogyoke” or our father.
Dagon Taryar dubbed him,”untamed”
It does not mean uncultured or “untrained”
Just that he disdained artificial ornamentations
Like unnecessary doting, decorations, and deliberations.
U Saw called him, “a neophyte”
“I don’t like him, I’ll fight,
Further he slighted me by ambush
Who I’m, what I’m”, I’ll prove”.
That vengeance led to murder
U Saw was wrong in this matter
Other people committed the ambush
Ne Win’s stooges did it in “yebaw’s boots”.
Ne win said, “He was a “green horn”,
He did not know Burma to rule how,
He was a thorn in my life:
Now, follow me as your leader and guide”.
Burma sank with Ne Win
People compared with him
They brought down Ne Win
But Ne Win’s men still reign.
People chant my father’s name
To encourage people to claim
Democracy and human rights to gain
They send SPDC to shame.
Aung San is his name
He did not seek fame
He disclaimed wealth either
He remained a true leader and soldier.
He is my father
He is your father too
He knew he‘s his father also
We know he is our father, leader of all of Burma.
Dr Maung Maung Nyo (15.06.2007)
(Dedicated to Father’s Day on 17.6.2007 and
Martyr’ Day on 19.7.2007)
No comments:
Post a Comment