February 7, 2010

Eureka!

Dr Maung Maung Nyo

I was amazed by my luck

To find what I have searched

All along in life that I must

Find such creatures as such

Lilliputians Mad Hatters and Goliath

They are so overpowering and obvious.


I read “Gulliver’s Travels” in high school

I took it as an imagination but untrue

Just to pull the legs of friends or foes

How small in physique and psyche mores

They cannot exist in the real world or so

I was wrong I find them now in galore.


Stranger than fiction as it is then

I read the “Alice in Wonderland” when

I was in the fifth standard in Upper Burma

When I was learning English like others

Who wanted to pursue higher education

Now I find “Mad Hatter” in duplication.


I read the story of “David and Goliath”

Quite often when a comparison was

Made between a small righteous and

A big bully fighting for their life’s end

Actually Goliath is a Cyclops with just one eye

So narrow-sighted that he deserves to die.


Now I found them here

I’m very glad, my Dear

Grateful to all my readers

For making my mind clear

Legend’s heroes and villains live

They are created to enrich

Our lives with morals and dictum

Thank you all for my “Eureka” wisdom.


Dr Maung Maung Nyo

8.2.2010 (original)

No comments: