August 8, 2009

The Treasures of Twilight Hours

Dr Maung Maung Nyo

Early morning I heard the bell ring

It was the home telephone’s din

We thought it was from Sydney

But it was from Lucy for a Yippee!


(Dr Nan Ommar (L) and Dr Lucy Kyaw Mya (R), both Associate Professor

at the Medical Faculty, UNIMAS)


She had cooked the golden sticky rice

That I could have it on this morn’s rise

With tea or coffee as I like

It’s the gift of an old pupil to my delight.


(Chonglin Plaza where we Live)


The other day an old doctor came to me

To pay homage and see

My physical and mental condition

Am I still fit and slim as I used to be?


(Ob/Gyn Consultant D Ma Khin Lay on Extreme Right)


She was Ob/Gyn Dr Ma Khin Lay

Who had learned anatomy in good old day

Gained D on her own effort without help

She studied hard relying on her self.


( Dr Tin Moe Nwe,L, and Her Son (Middle), Husband Dr Soe Lwin ,

Extreme Right with NOM, 2nd L and MMN 4th Right))


Now another phone ring alerted me

I went and held the receiver close to be

Tin Moe informed me of another guest

She is coming to us and rest.


(The Shwedagon Pagoda and Kandawgyi Lake in Yangon)


It is Dr Khin Lay Yee

She would come see me

Dine discuss and mark

Satisfied she would part.


(Dr Tin Moe Nwe's Family and Dr Saw Aung Hla Win,Right)


Tin Moe had arranged for her visit

She would cater well until finish

She also cooked pork leg Burmese way

I could eat it as a delicacy the next day.


(Our Daughters Yupar Nyo and Eisabai Nyo)


Our daughters also called us

Enquiring about our health as such

They’re worried that I may not be strong

But my wife told them how they’re wrong.


(Drs NOm and MMN with New Car)


I was thinking by my self that

On rising in the morn I sit at

Breakfast table and enjoyed food

I go to medical school not on foot


( Drs NOM and MMN)


Driving a brand new car bought by wife

Teaching the students when and what I like

Eating Briyani Rice, Roti or Kolo Mee

Studying and sleeping suiting still

Is the twilight of my life worrying me?


(Drs MMN and NOM at FMHS, UNIMAS, Kuching,Sarawak)


Dr Maung Maung Nyo

9.8.2009 (original)


Note: Briyani Rice = Danbauk or Persian Meat Rice

Roti = Indian flat bread to be eaten with curry or anything

Kolo Mee = Si Chet or boiled noodle served with pork slices

No comments: