Being a Burmese Benefits
Dr Maung Maung Nyo
Being a Burmese makes you proud
Eating speaking and meeting about
In Burmese or English quite loud
It’s our culture not to speak in doubt!
(General Aung San during the Japanese Occupation)
We can do what other people do
Reading writing or running a school
However we can’t offset army rule
That’s the only weakness and taboo.
(General Tin Oo of NLD on 27.3.2010)
But I can do what I like
I can freely read and write
Outside of Burma of course
Does it matter as a rose?
(Sule Pagoda in Downtown Yangon)
When I visit my country again
People recognize my name
They make way for me and help
It’s Burmese custom heart felt.
(Colonel K Ko Gyi, the first Dean of IM2, now a university)
When I ask for appointment
They give it on an instant
There is no denial or delay
It’s Burmese friendly way.
(A Burmese Meal hosted by a Friend in Yangon)
I write an autobiography as an essay
My publishers jump with joy to pay
For the cost of printing and publishing
Whether it sells or sinks on finishing.
(Burmese Disches Displayed before a Meal)
My elder friends agree to write their forewords
Even though they are busy with their own works
There is no pretension or inhibition on their part
How fortunate I’m to be friends with such stalwarts!
(Dr MMN and Dagon Taryar)
Dagon Taryar and Paragu started writing their Ovada
It’s so with the poet and plastic surgeon Nyunt Wai (Katha)
Dr Nyunt Wai, Tekkatho Sein Tin and U Kyaw Shein
too in this endeavor
(Nyunt Wai (Katha) alias Dr Thein Nyunt)
Dr Khin Maung Aye has sent his draft altogether
I’m pleased with myself and thank the authors
It’s a big benefit of being a Burmese in Burma.
(The Great Shwedagon Pagoda giving Pride and Peace to
all the Burmese)
Dr Maung Maung Nyo
20.3.2010 (Original)








No comments:
Post a Comment