June 3, 2008

Ageing Anon Anicca

Every thing has an age
Even a nail when made
One day it has to fade
That’s the law nature made.

I know I have a life span
That extends from first birthday
To last day as a man
Who drops and disintegrate like clay.

I never thought of ageing
As it’s coming when young
I was happy in staging
Sports, studies and sex with songs sung.

In the prime of life
I have no strife
Every thing comes in order
I just have to be the coordinator.

Children come and grow
They become big and bellow
Health education job galore
Fortunate they now glow.

But body shows signs
Memory has declined
Diseases have multiplied
Problems have sublimed.

Oh, what does all this mean?
Has ageing started clean?
Law of Anicca is beginning
To show its teeth gleaming!

Dr Maung Maung Nyo
1.6.2008

No comments: