Ode To My Father
Oh', Father's Day is approaching
My heart is grinding and galloping
I am missing my father also
He has been with me since I know!
My father was tall and handsome
Like actor Kyaw Aye of A_One
He was popular since young
He was gregarious, gamely and warm.
He was a natural leader
Followed by others like a teacher
He took good care of followers
He was a member of the Dohbama.
He was a disciple of Kodaw Hmaing
Who was the GOM of all time
Organised the people to follow their line
For anti_British and anti_Japanese grinds.
He was a descendent of royalty
But he regarded it as derogatory
He was for independence and democracy
The rest is nothing salutatory.
But, he looked after his family
With love, care and fidelity
We never were hungry
Even when taken away by Jap army.
He therefore discouraged me in politics
Lest my future be restrictive
He urged me to join academics
To be peaceful and progressive.
My father died with an empty hand
He was age seventy and eleven
His life was beyond I can apprehend
People mourned and kissed his hand.
Now, I'm near the end of life journey
I wonder whether I may have his itinerary
A man's image is not what he made
It's the people that partake.
Oh, I'm his son and his lineage
I wish to hold his heritage
A man of sincerity, sympathy and courage
I wish that I have his image!
Dr Maung Maung Nyo
15.6.2008
(To My Father on Father's Day)
No comments:
Post a Comment