February 1, 2009

A Marriage to Remember

Dr Maung Maung Nyo


I rise up this morning early

Excited to wash my face fast

Shave my beard and moustache

Then I take a shower bath earnestly.



I wake up Yupar Nyo

She is to accompany me so

We have a marriage ceremony to attend

It’s to tie Aung Myo Kyaw to Eisabai’s hand.



Yupar washes herself quickly

She dresses accordingly

I finish wearing a grey suit

I’m bride’s father to look good.



Bridegroom fetches us in his car

Bride came out calling us to her

We congratulate her and go near

Four of us laugh and greet each other.



Groom drives to the Marriage Office

It’s not very far situated in city’s midst

It’s sunny and windy with fresh breeze

We look for friends and guests to greet.



Marriage Officer calls us first

She explains the rules and laws to us

Bride and groom agree to what she said

Marriage is lawfully done in right steps.



Parents and guests take photographs

Bride and groom are in merry fuss

They smile, they kiss and they laugh

We wish their marriage to long last.



Then we have lunch at a Thai Eatery

We toast the new couple to be happy

Wine and wishes follow suit plenty

It’s a memorable marriage ceremony

Let they enjoy peace and prosperity

May son and daughter arrive as progeny.



Dr Maung Maung Nyo

01.02.2009

No comments: