Oh, My Alien World!
Dr Maung Maung Nyo
I always enjoy enchanting tales
My grandmother used to say
I was an avid reader and listener
Of five fifty (550) Buddhist tales
I always live in the fantasy frays.
(The Chindwin River at Monywa, My Birth Place)
But I used to venture into the real world
I once swam in the
Competing with the strong swimmers
Who were competing to win money wager
I fortunately did not drown later.
(Entrance to the Thanbuddhay Pagoda in Monywa)
Once I continued accompanying a girl
Who asked me to walk her to a School Fair
Where she was going to meet her beau
I did not have even a clue
I was such a gullible gaping fool.
(The Great Shwedagon Pagoda at Night)
I was a devout Buddhist since infancy
Grandmother taught me to pray daily
That went to even when I was at the university
A close friend asked me to join his Buddhist Society
But they denied me as I have no Chinese ancestry!
(The Dhammaryone, Buddhist Auditorium . at Rangoon University)
We had student organizations at the university
A friend of mine was a leader in the DSO hierarchy
He ate he dressed and enjoyed life above his capability
He asked me to join his society provided I supported their party
But I was denied membership as I talked about roots of poverty.
(The Logo of the Burma Mediical Association)
I once worked as the social secretary of BMA society
I improved the club and its image with greater activity
More people visited the club and there was better solubility
Funding of the club increased as I kept up frugality
However I was blamed as I did not give private parties.
(The Inscription of the First Students Strike of the Rangoon University)
I was once invited to a meeting of the veterans association
The ex-officers said they were going to discuss welfare
I attended the meting with great expectations
Only the ex-soldiers and NCOs were there to be fair
I was elected as chairman to look after their languid living.
(The Convocation Hall of the Rangoon University)
The medical students are famous for study
They can read more hours than students in university
They are equally notorious for being selfish entities
They don’t do social works for fear of ‘supplementary’
But they crow criticize and cajole classmates for culpability.
(Dance of the Burma Charity UK)
I was always hard headed in pursuing an objective
If it were to benefit the majority of the public
I was born socially conscious with my father’s past
He always worked for the benefits of people first
But alas! I was always the first and last to be in that class.
(The Burmese in Singapore)
I was watching a movie about the aliens
They have taken over the earth without mayhem
Earthlings are reduced to be in minority
Whatever they do is decided by the alien majority
Aliens are now defined as the Earth’s patriotic personalities.
(Newly Graduated Burmese in USA)
Aliens are given precedents over the earthlings
Schools hospitals and works depend on their blessings
If any conflict ensues between aliens and earthlings
Rules and regulations of the aliens decide the rulings
Laws are of course enacted by the aliens’ groupings.
(General Aung San's Family)
I woke up worriedly wondering my wobbling
My heart beat fast as I think of what’s happening
Democracy is what you preach and not getting
Oligarchy is what they do in real setting
Oh! I’m always in the midst of
Dr Maung Maung Nyo
11 May 2009 (original)
Note:
BMA =
DSO = Democratic Students Organization
NCO = Non- Commissioned Officers
Supplementary = Repeat Examination for a failed student










2 comments:
Confused by the adventures Alice may be
But she took her stand and woke up for tea
The world could be full of conflicting ironies
Yet we must rise above the melancholy (the acknowledgement of Dukkha)Buddha-Dhamma guide us the Way
Amidst myriad changes everyday (the realisation of Anicca)Benevolence is surely above all else
Aliens are but only alternative selves (the universality of Anatta)With blessings from the 3 Ratana (Yadana, in Myanmar languge)May aliens and all gain liberation from Samsara
Dear Alvin,
Thank you very much indeed. Yes, I was very much confused. You know more about Buddhism than I do. Thanks a lot.
Yours sincerely,
Dr Maung Maung Nyo
Post a Comment