May 10, 2009

On This Mother’s Day

Dr Maung Maung Nyo


On the morning of 10 May today

I woke up very early as always

I said,” Happy Mother” to Nan Ommar

She replied, ”Thank you, Father.”



She got up from bed and tidied up

She went to the kitchen and made breakfast

I cleaned myself and joined her to start

We ate breakfast together to get us up.



We then watched the day TV

To know what’s up in the country

There’s warning for the swine flu

We discussed the day’s programme through.



I called younger daughter Ei to come

Where we were supposed to eat Dim Sum

Together with Yam Cha or assorted delicacies

Only the Chinese can cook and cater capriciously.



Elder daughter Yupar was driving

I have to wait for her arriving

Nan walked alone to the Yam Cha cafeteria

She would meet Ei and her hubby there.



There was a long line of people

Waiting to have a table for the Day’s menu

It was past just 11 hour in the morning

We had to wait for another two hours longing.



But as we get a table for five

The food was just by our side

We could choose whatever we liked

We had Dim Sum, spring rolls, roast duck and sticky rice.



Trolleys of different food come one after another

Sweet and sour pork, stewed chicken feet and beer

I was the lone drinker oblivious of the surrounding

I was happy eating drinking speaking and enjoying.



Mother Nan Ommar was also happy

She was also eating all the varieties

That she usually avoids eating

Now she enjoyed them while speaking.



We took photograph one after another

Camera changed hand daughter to daughter

Mother was in the centre of all photos taken

She was elated as today was her “Red Letter Day” then.



We had a good gracious dinner

Mother father and children enjoyed

It’s a rare feat to be able to eat together

We’re fortunate that we stay sublime entwined

We pray to be closer to Yadana Thonepar

We wish for health and happiness of all the mothers

And we send love to all our friends the world over!


Dr Maung Maung Nyo

10 May 2009 (Original)

No comments: