October 19, 2009

Stop the Stars Falling...

Dr Maung Maung Nyo

A friend in Yangon told me

Poet Htilar Sithu has died recently

Many mourned for his departure

He had been a star in Burmese literary world.


(Htilar Sitthu,left and Maung Pauksi, right when

Conferred with Ph.D. in Literature by the Dublin University)

I was saddened by his death

I called a common friend left

Nyunt Way (Katha) in Parami suburb

His son told me he has left for checkup.


(Nyunt Way (Katha) at Home)

I reached him by phone

He was in Singapore alone

He told me in low tone

Htilar died of liver failure

Cancer had so delivered.



(Writer Bhamo Tin Aung)

“What about your health?”

I ventured as I so felt

I should know his condition

He is under investigation.




(Poets Zawgyi and Minthuwun)

“O Buddha! May he live long!

Ageing is so forlorn and strong

Double seven so late

He is of Htilar’s age.


(Minthuwun)

I have seen the stars falling

In the Burmese literary scene

Starting with Bhmo Tin Aung

Through Zawgyi and Minthu Wun

Including Khin Hnin Yu and now

Htilar Sithu all gone

Also Mya Than Tint of Dah Taung

May Nyunt Way (Katha) live long!

Dr Maung Maung Nyo

14.10.2009 (original)

Posted on 20.10.2009

2 comments:

ဂ်ဴနို said...

ဆရာရွင့္
ဆရာ ဗမာလိုေရးတာ ဖတ္ခ်င္ပါတယ္။ အဂၤလိပ္လိုေရးတာေတြက ဖတ္ၿပီးရင္ အေၾကာင္းအရာပဲ ေခါင္းထဲ ေရာက္တယ္။ ေပါ့ေတာ့ေတာ့ေနလို ့ပါ။


ေလးစားစြာျဖင့္

မအယ္ဇီ

Dr Maung Maung Nyo said...

Dear Ma Elzie,
Thank you. I do not know how to type in Burmese. Besides, I'm writing in English to publish them internationally.

Yours sincerely,

Dr Maung Maung Nyo