October 4, 2009

To the Five Benefactors of My Life

Dr Maung Maung Nyo


“What is this life if full of care

No time to stand and stare...”

I learned it as a school boy

It’s true as I passed the third mile.


(Thanbuddhay Pagoda, Monywa Where I was Born)


I get up early in the morning

Brushing teeth, shaving and bathing

All prepared by my better half

She has been doing thirty years past.


(Mandalay Hill, Fort and Moat Where I partly Studied)


I drive to the medical faculty

A Proton car bought by my honey

She would also buy food for me

I have nothing to worry.


(Rangoon Medical College Where I Studied for M.B.,B.S.)


I do my job at leisure

Teaching speaking and pleasure

Mixing with staff students and administrators

Life has been so good and genial as a visitor.


(A Surgeon and His Son, My Pupils, In Front of the Rangoon

University Convocation Hall, My Alma Mater)


I can use the Internet every time

It is provided without restraint to mine

I can air my opinion freely

I can call and communicate to Sydney.

(Col. Ko Ko Gyi M.B.,B.S., M.D. Board Certified Internist & Psychiatrist,

My Mentor)

I can read what I wish

Medical, technical or politics

Socialist Communist or capitalist

It fits my open mind width.


(Dr Ba Than M.B. (Calcutta), FRCSE, FACS,FICS, My Guru)


Often grateful students came

To pay homage all the same

Offering food and fabrics of fame

Burmese are born for acclaim.


(Me With Professor Ruth Bowden M.B.,B.S., D.Sc.,LRCP, FRCS, OBE,

My Supervisor for Ph.D.)


So I have nothing to worry

Life seems to be orderly

A place to live and dine in company

Nothing more can be said for longevity.


(Me and Dr Nan Ommar B.Sc.(Anatomy), M.B.,B.S., M.Sc. (Anatomy)


So I thank the “Three Gems” and teachers

As they made me mature and leader

Of my life and of others that are near

My parents are the best of my dear!


Dr Maung Maung Nyo

6th October 2009 (original)

No comments: