My Fortune!
Dr Maung Maung Nyo
I did not know how to swim
But I could well in my dream
So I plunged into River Chindwin
Imitating elders exhibiting in the stream
(River Chindwin at Monywa Full Water)
Sinking like a solid stone
My sister shouted for help alone
I was saved by a strong swimmer
I never become a daring dreamer!
(A Ferry in River Chindwin at Monywa)
It happened at the age of ten
Many mishaps happened then
I remember riding a crowded bus
Picnicking students Maymyo high up
Our bus loosening a wheel
We all saw it falling free
Singing students shouted in high pitch
Driver stuck the car to mountain ridge.
(A Map of Monywa and Upper Burma; a to Shwebo,
b to Maymyo, c to Taunggyi, d to Yangon, e to Magwe,
f and g to Chin Hills, h to Pondaung Ponnya,
R1 River Chindwin, R2 River Irrawaddy))
When boarding a plane in America
I heard tapping noise from the rota
I told it to the stylish stewardess
“Not to worry”, she cheered up and said
(Thanbuddhe Pagoda near Monywa)
But the pilot announced, “Engine in trouble”
We had to change to another plane for travel
That plane had to wait for the day
Until repaired fit to fly to be okay.
(Lying Buddha near Monywa, Shwetharlyaung)
Once I was to fly in a helicopter
Carrying the injured from the front line
To the rear for emergency as army doctor
But an order was issued from higher in time
(Entrance to Thambuddhe Pagoda)
I must report back to Yangon in effect
A friend had to take up my duty instead
He was shot at by the rebels on the ground
He said I was lucky to be Yangon bound.
(Thambuddhe Pagoda near Monywa)
I still remember one day in Monywa
At the height of Burma’s civil own war
Rebels lobbed Molotovs and mortars
Across the river into the town corners
(Dr MMN and Dr NOM at Sydney International Airport)
One fell into our house
I heard it loud
But it did not explode when I touched
Police came and defused it after search.
(My Family: L to R: MMN, ESN, NOM, YPN)
One day I was driving my car at night
Crossing the traffic light right
But it was the red light they say
A big bus rammed my car away
Ripping the door on my side
Without touching me slight
(Mahamuni Image in Mandalay)
People marveled at me“God helped you” or “So lucky to be.”
(Shwedagon Pagoda)
But it was not luck
It’s my lot as such
To be born in Burma
Like so many others
(Yangon's Sule Pagoda at Night)
As Buddhist living simple life
Following the noble eight ways right
Enjoying the rare chance of being human
Living the rare life in the Buddhist lumen
(Bodh Gaya in India)
Paying respects to the Triple Gem
I believe it’s the fortune I have then!
16.8.2010 (Original)











No comments:
Post a Comment