August 28, 2010

My Regrets

Dr Maung Maung Nyo

I regret that I have never become a monk
Meditating and making meritorious deeds

No need to conform to society and stunt

I don’t dance to the tune of material needs.

(Ledi Sayadaw, The learned Monk and Master
of Meditation)

I regret that I have never become a political leader
Who could sway the country and change over night
Without bloodshed and bigotry as a bright teacher
To make the country developed with might.

(Nelson Mandela Leading the South Africans)

I regret that I have never belong to a ruling party
Wielding power and leading the people for a cause
Greater than themselves as the hallmarks of an Arzani
I have to lay down my life for the country or belief of a sort.

(Bogyoke Aung San and Martyrs of Burma
for Independence)

I regret that I have to leave my country
To escape from the quandary and sundry
Of kindred social ills and decadent culture
That permeates in Burma without nurture.

(Map of Burma or Myanmar)

I regret that I cannot do any thing
To correct calamities and caveats seen
Health education economy and jobs
They all have gravitated down for sobs.

(Profssor Ruth Bowden and Me)

But I’m alive and well
I could still write and tell
What I want to with a zest for life
I do not regret I’m a Burman, right!

Dr Maung Maung Nyo
28.08.2010 (Original)

Note: Arzani = Martyr, Hero

No comments: