My Possession
Dr Maung Maung Nyo
I get up early in the morning
To help my wife go to her calling
Of duty at the medical school
I prepare my self and car ready too.
(Dr MMN in his "Possession" Today,9.7.2010)
She treats me with coffee and toast
Or steamed sticky rice and pea the most
For breakfast for both served every day
I enjoy it like an Anyarthian as they say.
(Proton Sedan 2009 Model)
I wear the well-pressed trousers blue and black
Put on the blue long sleeve shirt branded to match
Tying the black dotted snake-skin tie as a set
The shining black leather belt forms the catch.
(Dr MMN & Dr NOM at UNIMAS)
I then wear the bright shining black shoes
With a pair of cotton and synthetic socks too
Spraying a sprinkle of scented perfume on the head
A Parker ballpoint and Ray-Bun spectacles complete my dress.
(Yupar Nyo, NOM and MMN in Sydney)
But, I think of what I possess while driving
A latest model Proton Sedan to my liking
Bought by my wife for her daily going
It’s I that is just enjoying and following.
( Dr MMN, ESN, NOM, YPN)
True, my clothes were bought by my wife
My elder daughter presented me quite
Black leather belt and spectacles to feel fine
My younger daughter bought the black tie.
(MMN, NOM , ESN at Sydney Airport)
A friend gave me a bottle of Au de cologne
While he was visiting us to relax alone
Shoes and socks are also gifts of the loved ones
Actually I do not possess anything to sum.
( L to R: MMN, Dr and Ms Tin Win, NOM, Dr Tin Moe Nwe,
Dr So lwin)
True, my body was given at birth by my mother
My manners and manliness bestowed by my father
Whatever education I have, imparted by my teachers
My philosophy and patriotism belong to our political leaders.
( Dr MMN, Dr NOM, Dr Lucy Kya Mya, Dr Saw Aung Hla Win)
So I don’t possess even my bloated body at best
Bestowed by my mother and to be burned at death
Just a pile of organic and inorganic matters in fact
I realize I’m no body possessing nothing to be left
( Dr Htwe Htwe Sein and Dr Wai Wai Shein)
Oh! I say, “Anicca, Dukkha, Anatta”
I kowtow to the Buddha, Dhamma and Sangha.
Dr Maung Maung Nyo
9.8.2010 (Original)


No comments:
Post a Comment