November 13, 2009

Zati Ponnya Gon Mana

Dr Maung Maung Nyo

How do I love thee?

Let me count and see

I have a red pass port

“Open Sesame” of sort.


(The Great Shwedagon Pagoda at Rangoon,Burma)


I’m a citizen of Burma

Equal to any citizen of another

Born in any country or territory

I’ve equal rights and opportunity.


(A View of Mandalay Moat, Fortress and Mandalay Hill)


I met many Malaysians

I met suave Singaporeans

They are all China men

No different from Taiwan!


(Leaders of the MCA in Malaysia)


History of Malaysia is young

Singapore has none

Taiwan is part of China

Burma is rich in history and culture.


(Coins of the Tagaung Era found by Excavation)


I can trace my forefathers to Tagaung

More than two thousand years long gone

Kings Abhiraja, Dazaraja and Pauk Kyaing

They are history and legend entwined in time.


(Excavation at Tagaung)


But Tagaung has evidence on earth digging

It shows human habitat and luxurious living

Nagas (Dragons) were worshipers of snakes

They were vagrant villagers and merry maids.


(Map of Old Tagaung Partly Swallowed by the River Irrawaddy)


Pagan is great

It’s a golden state

Anawrahta, Kyanzittha

They’re great kings of Burma.


(Panoramic View of Pagan with Shwezigon Pagoda in the Back)


Pagan is the mother of all Myanmar

That’s beautiful brave and Bamar

Art architecture literature and honour

It signifies the epitome of excellent extravaganza.


(The Tharapa Gate of the City of Pagan)


I take pride being the son of such country

Descended from the sun and Naga ancestry

Born and brought up between beautiful boundaries

I’m glad to be so lucky living like one of the luminaries!


(Sunset Scene of the Mandalay Fort and Moat)


I know I’m no Bill Gates

Burma is not United States

Nor UK Europe Canada Australia

Still I was born in a country of culture.



(The Majestic Ananda Pagoda in Pagan)


I therefore take pride in my being

Recalling my roots relation and origin

Like a tattered torn cloth of old

It once has wrapped precious gold.



(Dr MMN, Yupar Nyo, Dr NOM and Ei Sabai Nyo)


There are things money can’t buy

Race and roots rank first in mine!


Dr Maung Maung Nyo

13.11.2009 (original)

No comments: