July 16, 2010

A Rainbow in My Heart

Dr Maung Maung Nyo


(The Buddha Statue in Dukkhara Sariya,
Taxila, Today Pakistan)

My heart leaps up with joy
When I see a rainbow in the sky
It was so when I was a child
It’s still so when I’m old with time!



(The Mahabodhi Temple, Bodh Gaya or Bodhgaya, India)

(The Mahabodhi Pipal Tree, Bodhgaya, India)

Today I have a rainbow in my heart
We’re going to Bodh Gaya I heard
My sister is arranging the trip as such
From Rangoon we’re going to start.

(Buddha's First Sermon to Five Preceptors at Deer Park,
Sarnath, Varanasi,India)


(The Dhamekha Stupa and Ruins of Buddhist Pagodas at Sarnath)

There are four places we need to worship
If we like to wish worthy of being Buddhist
“Buddha’s places of birth, enlightenment wisdom,
Sites of the first sermon and dying dictum”.


(The Golden Pagoda at Lumbini, Nepal, Buddha's Birth Place)

(The Lumbini Garden with a Pond in Nepal)

My wife is working to accomplish this
She’s busy buying the air tickets for the trip
With her earned money to get more merit
She’s footing the bills with high spirit.

(Buddha's Mahaparinibbana at Kusinara, India)

I’m a fortunate man indeed
Realizing a life long dream with
My wife, brother in law and my sister his wife
It also includes their darling daughter duly wise.

Dr Maung Maung Nyo
16.7.2010 (Original)

No comments: