July 18, 2009

Let’s Salute Bogyoke on Martyr's Day

Dr Maung Maung Nyo

My heart speeds up when I heard the word Bogyoke
Bogyoke means Aung San and Aung San means Bogyoke
No other person can claim this word from our hearts
It was ingrained indelibly fast!

It was so when I was a youngster
So was it when I grow stronger mature
So be it when I grow older and infirm
Or let me die untimely young!

Bogyoke led the students in their strikes
He led the people in their fights
Against Japanese Fascists and British for independence
People had great trust in him for his selfless deliverance!


But he was assassinated mercilessly by murderers
The henchmen part of the plot to kill him so whatever
Sinister sick men scheming silently behind so copious
Bren guns Sten guns and British complicity so obvious.

Burma’s independence has been won by his efforts
O Bogyoke you have done your duty well-wrought;
Miseries and misfortune of the country concern him not
Fruits of felony of prodigal sons squandering the lot.

Who would have thought Burma would be in this state?
It’s the making of usurpers in the country’s fate
So let us salute Bogyoke and his fallen mates
We owe a debt of gratitude so great!

Dr Maung Maung Nyo
19 July 2009 (original)

2 comments:

ဧရာ၀တီသား said...

saluted Bogyoke and his fallen mates.

Dear saya,
Please let me copy your blog post.
With respect,
Ayeyawaddythar

Dr Maung Maung Nyo said...

Dear Ayeyawaddythar,
Thank you very much. Yes, I agree to let you copy my blog post.I feel honoured for Bogyoke!

Yours sincerely,

Dr Maung Maung Nyo