From the Mother’s Day to All Women Health Ever
Dr Maung Maung Nyo
This year is AD 2009
I have celebrated my birthday 70 times
As I was born in 1939
For me this is the luckiest year that chimes.
Why?
(Showing the Situation of Monywa Where I was Born in 1939)
Out of the blue my employment is renewed
UNIMAS granted me to fly with my wife too
Who was reemployed anew from
Allowing us to stay in a five star hotel.
What a miracle?
(Prof. MMN with A/P Dr NOM and A/P Dr Lucy Kyaw Mya in
FMHS Lobby at the Medical Freshers Welcome on 30.6.09)
Burmese friends welcomed us at the airport
Some gave us dinner and some took us to resort
UNIMAS staff and students greeted us endearingly
Saying they appreciate our devotion to the university.
Why warm welcome to our itinerary?
(Fresher Medical Students at FMHS, UNIMAS on 30.6.09)
The Chonglin Plaza Co offered us an apartment
Showed one after another to our content
We have been choosy and curious
We checked this and that with fuss.
Why they indulge us so much?
(The Chonglin Plaza High Rise Apartment Building, Kuching)
Now, a car agent bought a brand new car
Bright white metallic silver in colour
It shimmers in broad day light or twilight hour
It was for us to pay at leisure in two years.
Why the car merchant is so generous here?
(Associate Professor Dr NOM and Prof. MMN with their New Car,
the Malaysia Made Proton Saga Sedan)
The happiest hour of all is this:
Darling daughters inform us my new book published
Entitled” From Mother’s Day to All Women Health Ever”
I wrote it since Mother’s Day in May 2007 for all mothers.
Why such a glad tiding this year?
(Front Cover of Dr Maung Maung Nyo's New Book,
"From the Mother's Day to All Women Health Ever")
I’m so fortunate to be born in 1939
I’m now 70 years in such a short time
My life has taken so many forms
From serious student through a golden gown;
(The Rafflesia, biggest Flower in the World, is a Native of Sarawak
where UNIMAS, Universiti Malaysia Sarawak, is Situated!)
Thence in army uniform and civilian professor
My life has been so mixed, slick and splendor
But this year is the brightest ever
Most unexpected events and awards shower
Thank the Three Gems and all who help me over!
Dr Maung Maung Nyo
29.06.2009 (original)
Note: Three Gems = Buddha, Dhamma and Sangha


2 comments:
Sir Dr MMN,
Many blessings and congratulations
Thanks for sharing the joy of your new publication
May the success be a source of inspiration
To your trainee doctors in admiration
I am sure your book will be a good reference for all who read it :)
Alvin
Dear Alvin,
Thank you very much. I hope it will be of great use to my readers and young doctors.
Yours sincerely,
Dr Maung Maung Nyo
Post a Comment