O Bogyoke ...!
(Dr Maung Maung Nyo)
My heart speeds up when I heard the word Bogyoke
Bogyoke means Aung San and Aung San means Bogyoke
No other person can claim this word from our hearts
It was ingrained indelibly fairly fast!
(Bogyoke Aung San & British PM Clement Atlee, with
Thakhin Mya on the left admiring)
So was it when I was a youngster
So it stays firmer when I grow further
So be it when I grow old and infirm
Or let me die untimely young!
(General Aung San Weds Daw Khin Kyi During the
Japanese Occupation)
(Bogyoke Aung San in Myitkyina with Kachin Girls)
Bogyoke led the students in their strikes
He led the people in their fights
Against the Japanese Fascists and British for independence
People had great trust in him for his selfless deliverance!
(Bogyoke Aung San at a Mass Meeting)
But he was assassinated mercilessly by murderers
The henchmen part of the plot to kill him so whatever
Sinister sick men scheming silently behind so copious
Bren guns Sten guns and British complicity so obvious.
(Bogyoke Aung San with His Family)
Burma’s independence has been won by his efforts
O Bogyoke you have done your duty well wrought!
(Bogyoke Statue at Bogyoke Gardens, Kandawgyi,
Yangon)
(Portrait of Bogyoke Aung San with Daughter
Nobel Laureate Daw Aung San Su Kyi)
Dr Maung Maung Nyo
10 July 2009 (original)








No comments:
Post a Comment