A Birthday in a Blizzard
My Seventy First Birthday
(Dr Maung Maung Nyo)
(At the Lift to the Top Spot L to R: Drs Soe Lwin,Tin Moe Nwe, Nan Ommar,
MMN, Saw Aung Hla Win, Lucy Kyaw Mya)
It’s a hot summer blazing
Thunder and storm grazing
Lightning flashes lacing
My birthday today we’re waging.
(Preliminary L to R: SAHW, Lucy, Yin Yin Nwe, Dr Tin Win)
Invited were two Tin Wins
Toastmaster teething twins
Lucy and Saw Aung Hla Wins
We like their graceful grins.
(The Crowd L to R: SAHW, Lucy, YYN, Tin Win, MMN, NOM, Ba Kyaw,
Tin Moe Nwe, Maung Swan Htet, Dr Soe Lwin)
Soe Lwin would warmly come
With his better half and son
His junior was more handsome
We enjoyed their charm.
(Dr Soe Lwin Family L to R: Dr TMN, Maung Swan Htet, Dr Soe Lwin
and Dr Saw Aung Hla Win)
Dr Ba Kyaw was alone
His better half at home
In Rangoon doing house chores
She has to manage alone more.
(Dishes and Diners L to R: Dr NOM, Dr Ba Kyaw, Dr Tin Moe Nwe)
We ate at the Top Spot
Situated on the roof top
With Chinese and Malay shops
They cater fresh fish, meat and malts.
(Happy Birthday Toast L to R: SAHW,YYN,TW,MMN,NOM,Ba Kyaw,MSH)
They wished happy birthday to me
They said they were glad to see
The second coming of me
They wished me as fit as a bee.
(Seafood Shop and Diners facing L to R: NOM, BK)
Drinks were served according to like
Appetizers arrived as ordered right
Talks and laughter alternated with joy
Every one was glad to have joined and dine.
(Dishes for Diners)
A birthday has been celebrated
It’s the 71st time if calibrated
Oh! I can’t believe I have lived so long
I hope I have not done anything wrong
That would harm my country any such time
I wish I was useful and my works sublime.
(The Hostess and Friends L to R: Dr Tin Moe Nwe, NOM, Yin Yin Nwe)
Dr Maung Maung Nyo
21.07.2009 (original)
Composed and uploaded on 31.07.2009
2 comments:
Dear Dr Mg Mg Nyo,
Happy birthday to you! My birthday is on 31 July :)
Dear Alvin,
Thank you very much.I wish a happy birthday to you and more success in your life.
Yours sincerely,
Dr Maung Maung Nyo
Post a Comment