Two Royal White Orchids


Two Royal White Orchids
(thazin hna khet)
A lady friend of mine in Kyaikhto
Sends me a special gift solo
As a mark of her friendship
Clipped from the heights of tallest trees
That is two white orchid flowers for me.
“Oh, so beautiful”, I murmur
Those clean lilywhite flowers
Closely set with poetic posture
And green emerald stalk so tender
Those silvery white flowers seem teasing
Captivating you in succession.
One orchid flower
I offer it with Cetana (good intention)
To Buddha image flower vase
Plant it there and serve homage
Another one I place it
On my head for grace and groom
Then, at night with the moon
I meet my lover in my bedroom
We become lovebirds very soon
Playing pretending bride and groom.
In the next morning
When sunbeam enters the window
I wake up and look to Buddha image patio
Saw with my own eyes so clearly
The orchid in the flower vase is
Still fresh, fragrant and frisky
Yet, that on my head is easily
Fallen on the bed sheet
Torn tattered and tweezed
Why was it so tweeze
Why to my flower please?
Dagon Taryar (Taryar magazine 1947)
Translation Dr Maung Maung Nyo (11.4.2007)
No comments:
Post a Comment