In My Lover's Wonder Wood


In My Lover's Wonder Wood
In your wonder wood
Blue birds sip nectar to booze
White roses exude fragrance for food
Yellow withered leaves fall for butterflies to suit
Springs and streams begin singing their routes
Beautiful nymph flashes her eyelashes so good
Learned wizard starts his craft for coup
You succeed in whatever you wish to scoop.
In your realm, darling
"Come live with me and dream"
You mumbled continuously it seems
That I heard clearly, but through seduction
Misfortune carried me to another direction
I was thus thrown into a far location
I spent there for several seasons.
In your wood retreat
Quiet and peaceful I wish to live
But I lost my way and failed to proceed
I felt tired and shed tears in grief
"Don't stay, follow me", it repeats
I heard again imperceptibly, indeed.
With strong attachments in this life
As a visitor I don't enjoy and like
Remorse made me tired and weak forever
Still in the wrong way gossiped and censured
"In your wonder wood
Blue birds sip nectar to booze
White roses exude fragrance for food
Yellow withered leaves fall for butterflies to suit
Springs and streams sing to begin their routes
Beautiful nymph flashes her eyelashes so good
Learned wizard starts his craft for coup
You succeed in whatever you wish to scoop",
Don't I know the truth?
Kyi Aye (1973 Shumawa magazine, February)
Translation Dr Maung Maung Nyo (27.4.2007)
No comments:
Post a Comment