May 7, 2007

She is Our Mother

In alumnimyanmarinstitutesofmedicine@yahoogroups.com,
"mmnyo" wrote:

Dear alumni,
"Mother's Day" is not far away.in Burma, many literari regard Ludu Daw Ahmar as their mother. Here is a poem composed by a young poet on the 90th birthday (actually 91st) of Ludu daw Ahmar on 29.11.2005. This is like paying respect to all mothers. Pay respect.

She is Our Mother
(kyun dot ahmay)

She looks down the sky
It means she does not care money a dime
She looks up the earth's mine
It means she cares the poor and down-trodden.

Waves after waves of ocean water
Making noises like thunder
I heard her name being called there
"Mother, Mother" they uttered.

In the deep dark forest
Teak leaves make noices
I heard her again called in ernest
"Mother, Mother", still yet.

When confined in a narrow room
Nothing can be heard or tuned
I cried aloud in boom
"Mother, Mother", in boon.
Mother is loved by all
All loved her and fall
"Mother" is the common call
She is my mother and mother of all.

Zaw Win Ko (29.11.2005)
Translation by Dr. Maung Maung Nyo

No comments: