To My AMIM Website
--- In alumnimyanmarinstitutesofmedicine@yahoogroups.com,
"mmnyo" wrote:
Dear alumni,
I remember reading a poem called " From a shepherd to his love" in our high school days. It was a romantic poem and very romntic indeed. I now compose a poem called " to my AMIM website" along that line. Enjoy.
To My AMIM Website!
(From a member to his love)
One day in June 2006
I received an email to solicit
My membership in the new AMIM website
To enlist, actively take part and write.
I readily agreed and heartily take part
Reading, writing and sharing my knowledge fast
To my fellow Burmese and students past
That they become educated and smart.
It's fun to reconnect with friends
It's gratifying to grasp their hands
It's satisfying to lend them their needs
It's an honor to be part of their good deeds.
The AMIM has fulfilled its objectives
That of reconnecting and coordinating their deeds
Sharing new knowledge and professional needs
Even publishing a golden AMIM magazine neat and complete.
The AMIM is the brainchild of Saya Johny
He is successful in recruiting so many
Medical graduates from IM 1 to IM Mandalay
"We're your students or friends", they say.
The AMIM is now over 600 strong
The time of recruiting is almost gone
It should have a formal organization's norms
Lest diverse opinions and divided interests tear it down.
"Is the AMIM an organization?" they say
Some members mention it that way
But, others do not see it to the same scale
It's of course difficult to stay this way.
I noticed many members blogg per day
So many people on so many topics they portray
But, alas! The same bloggers are saying everyday
It's only a handful of them playing.
What happen to the rest of the AMIM members?
Are they content with their work and leisure?
No time to read, write, or share!
Are they just sponges sucking upon others?
The AMIM should do something
To make it alive and dashing
To let the old and new signings
Involve with the current and professional happenings.
The AMIM study other websites and associations
State clearly its goals, objectives, vision and mission
Draw rules and regulations in its constitution
Make it a viable organization or institution.
With malice towards none I make this suggestion
But with Cetana (Charity) I do this contribution.
Dr Maung Maung Nyo
15.5.2007
AMIM = Alumni Myanmar Institutes of Medicine
No comments:
Post a Comment