Mother’s Day 2007

Mother’s Day 2007
(A Family’s Celebration)
Today is the 13th May
We know it’s the Mother’s Day
“We’ll celebrate”, we say
Yupar, Eisabai and I to their “May May”.
First I took her to a teashop for breakfast
With friends just arrived from Burma past
We ate, we talked and we enjoyed much
Their “May May”, Dr Nan Ommar, is smart.
Then, they called today from Australia
“Today is Mother’s Day, you remember?”
Yupar and Eisabair asked their mother
“We’ll send you air tickets to come and enjoy here.”
“We’ll come to the Sydney airport to meet,
To fetch you in our car and speed
To our abode in Kingsford for retreat
We’ll serve you all you need.”
“We’ll take you around Sydney
Then to Brisbane and Queensland Itinerary
You must enjoy and be happy
You deserve it thoroughly”.
You are a great mother
You bore, delivered and nurtured us
You feed, teach and mould us first
So that we become excellent humans first class.
We have now become educated and employed
We can stand on our own and enjoy
It’s time to look after our parents
Who are our benefactors per excellent.
We won’t be what we are
Without your love and Cetana (charity)
Your gratitude is too much to bear
Please accept this invitation as our Puza (Salutation).
As a husband what should I do to Dr Nan Ommar
I have given her breakfast and Spaghetti dinner
Then, I’ll love her for ever hereafter
That’s what I can do to our dutiful mother, beautiful Nan Ommar!
Dr Maung Maung Nyo
13.5.2007, Mother’s Day
No comments:
Post a Comment