Ludu Daw Ahmar's autograph book
In alumnimyanmarinstitutesofmedicine@yahoogroups.com,
"mmnyo" wrote:
Dear alumni,
Saya Zaw Gyi or U Thein Han was a tutor at the Rangoon University when the 2nd students' strike took place in 1936. Ludu Daw Ahmar was a student strike leader.
Saya Zaw Gyi was sympathetic to the students' cause he wrote a short poem for Daw Ahmar as follows:
True and false Thaumaturgist (Zawgyi's Zawgyi)
As a wish fulfilling wizard
I want your wish granted
But, alas! I'm not a true thaumaturgist
I feel guilty and sad, indeed!
Zawgyi (9.3.1936)
Similarly, Saya Minthuwun wrote in Daw Ahmar's autograph as follows:
Ahmar is not a weakling (Ahmar thi ahpyau ma hote)
Ahmar by any means is not a weakling
As white is not black by any mean
So also a straight thing is not a curve ring
"Preserve steely thing" is what I mean
And treasure purity to impure things
Keep staight within your means.
Minthuwun (9.3.1936)
Translation Dr Maung Maung Nyo (7.5.2007)
No comments:
Post a Comment