Re: Demise of Sayagyi U Kyee Paw by Prof. Tin Win
Dear Sayagyi U Maung Maung Nyo,
I really admired and appreciated very much by reading your poem on demise of Sayagyi U Kyee Paw.
I would like to share with you regarding the knowledge I learned from Sayagyi U Kyee Paw:
"Seeing is believing, feeling is the truth".
"Where there is the clot there is the bleeding".
"A good assistant is a good surgeon".
"Good assistant should know three steps farther then the surgeon".
"Every movement of a surgeon has to be purposeful".
"A good surgeon should have 3 good 'H', ie 'Good Head' 'Good Heart' and 'Good Hands'".
"Even the dresser is your teacher especially when you are going to do the scrotal bandage for post operative hydrocele cases".
"Regarding the hydrocele 'Big ball - small ball - bigger ball - no ball' ie haemorrhage after the Jaboulay's operation of hydrocele".
"Once sayagyi trained me when I had the problem of searching for the sac of the indirect inguinal hernia of an elderly male patient, as the normal anatomy was lying so low, my conventional incision was too high, going according to the bony markings. Sayagyi taught me that the medial end of the incision should point to the base of the penis".
"A good surgeon's operation has to be 'Myan' (quick enough) 'Kaung' (good enough) 'Thay Gyar' 'Thet Thar'".
"Operation field has to be neat and tidy and bloodless.
Better to do clamp and cut surgery instead of cut and clamp surgery"
"While Sayagyi entered the class room, as it was so noisy, he drew a picture of a fish and he asked me 'What does it mean?'. "I answered 'This class room looks like a fish market 'NgaSeiinTan' ".
Sayagyi asked me that the women have one short thing and one long thing compare to men.
I answered straight away that 'one short thing is intestine - EuToDe' 'one long thing is tongue - SharShayDe'. He was very pleased.
"Whenever he is going to start to operate, he use to do nail cutting before he scrubs his hands".
His attire are always smart. I hope you will enjoy to read.
Thanks and regards,
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Tin Win
Head, Department of Surgery
FPSK, Universiti Malaysia Sarawak
Kuching, 93150, Sarawak, Malaysia.
082-292207, 082-416550 ext 207016-8967355
No comments:
Post a Comment