November 20, 2008

It's Anatta...

I’m nothing, no body!
(Dr Maung Maung Nyo)

I’m nothing, no body
I just saw it recently
I have a name given to me
That’s just for others to deal.



(The Universe)

I was dutiful in the past
I played well my parts
I was a student, doctor & teacher
I did my duties well like others.

But, now I see myself differently
I’m nothing, no body
I’m just a human being
It’s made of matter multiplying.


(The Black Ring of Matter)

Yes, matters make cells and tissues
They produce organisms in living milieus
Man evolved from a single cell organism
It took millions of years to become a human.



(The Big Bang)

Matter originates in the universe
Or it exploded to form the universe, the Big Bang
Either way, in a billionth of a second
Many things are formed or destroyed at once.

So, a doctor is no different from a doorman
A writer is no different from a cowboy
So is a Burman from an Asian or American
All the terms are loosely named slimes.

(Human Bodies)

When I die, I’ll be the same as other cadavers
My body will be cold and colorless like others
It may be useful if donated, but useless if kept
Finally, my body will be destroyed or cremated.

So, what am I to be proud of?
I’m made of cells, tissues, molecules, what not
I’m like so many creatures that have evolved
I’m not unique, not worthy, naught
It’s Anatta, Oh, Lord!

Dr Maung Maung Nyo
20.11.2008 (original poetry only)

No comments: