Who Do You Love Most?
(Dr Maung Maung Nyo)
My elder daughter asked me recently,
“Who do you love most, Daddy?”
She wanted to hear clearly,
“I love you most, dear”, surely.
(Panoramic View of Pagan/Bagan)
However, I could not answer so easily
There are so many people I love dearly
They may have died long ago or recently
Or they may be alive I met frequently.
There are so many people I love dearly
They may have died long ago or recently
Or they may be alive I met frequently.
(Father and daughter Aung Sans)
I love my parents very much
They took care of me as such
I became a healthy educated adult
So, I clearly loved them as first.
They took care of me as such
I became a healthy educated adult
So, I clearly loved them as first.
(Monywa Than-budhe Cedi)
My teachers made me educated
They taught me what I assimilated
Without them I would be a blockhead
So, I clearly love my teachers I met.
I have friends all along my life
Some play with me and fight
Some argue to right my wrongs
I love them for supporting all along.
Then, I met my wife, my better half
She shares my ups and downs that’s worth
She always looks for my progress as much
I really love her as such.
We agreed to have our own children
We checked our health and listened
That encouraged conception to have them
I love my doctor and psychologist friends.
OG doctor took care of my wife from conception
He advised dos and don’ts at each consultation
Until he did elective Caesarean Section
I love him for delivering two in succession.
We loved our daughters very much
We did every thing to make them worth
Their life as much as possible world class
It’s just for them to grow with our love fast.
Then, we have Buddhist abbots and monks
They tame our lives and enlighten us
They enhance and enrich us with Dharma
I love them for guiding us to Nirvana.
(Ledi Sayadaw)
Surely, we must thank and love them all
How could I say I love one the most to fall?
They all were born in Burma, a point not to be lost
So I love my country most for bringing them forth!
(Map of Burma)
Dr Maung Maung Nyo
3.11.2008 (original)





No comments:
Post a Comment